My life is about learning and personal growth. I was an educator in the public secondary school system for over 33 years. I know that I will always be an educator, no matter the venue. I continue to use words and language, and music and art to help people explore their sense of Self in ways that are authentically meaningful for each of them. Particularly, I continue to be involved in discussions with educators (parents, Educational Assistants, Child and Youth Workers, and teachers) at all stages of their involvement in education as we each explore the meaning, value and potential of learning and educating.
It is my belief that working individually and in collective, we have the power to evolve and to transform ourselves and our world. We have the power to create culture.
CODE Model™ Coach
WEL-Systems® Institute Affiliate, 2013
Master Practitioner, Neuro Linguistic Programming
Ed. D. (c) (Applied Psychology – Focus on Teaching) University of Toronto
M. Ed. (Curriculum Development and Design) Queen’s University (1992)
B. Ed. (Music, English, Elementary Education) University of Toronto (1976)
Mus. Bac. (Music Education) University of Toronto (1975)
RCM Grade 4 Harmony, Grade 4 History, Grade 9 Voice, Grade 10 Piano
Life Membership, Ontario Secondary School Teacher’s Federation (2009)
The programmes which I have developed are based upon a WEL-Systems® approach to understanding Self.
* Celebrating Self – The Series: a series of one day workshops for women exploring: Speaking Powerfully — Taking ourSelves seriously in mind, body and spirit; Clearing Our Way — Moving beyond old beliefs, values, attitudes, history, shame and habits; Expressing Spirit — Knowing ourselves in a different way; Creating Our Space –Living life wholeheartedly: guideposts to consider.
* Weighting for Happiness NO MORE — a discussion for women exploring self-image and body issues. This is not a weight loss programme with strategies for weight loss. Rather it is a discussion which provides women with the opportunity to consider themselves in a different way.
* Engaging Spirit: a programme for women using words and art, music and movement to explore each woman’s sense of Self with the potential for each woman to find a new or changed place from which to stand.
* Speaking Powerfully: exploring the power of words and voice in our lives as we speak our individual truth.
* Connecting & Engaging: discussions with educators (parents, Educational Assistants, Child and Youth Workers, teachers, and administrators) at all stages of their involvement in education to consider the beliefs, values and attitudes which each of us bring to learning and teaching and to consider the impact each of us can have on creating change for our students and for the ultimate evolution of our world.
* Authentic Vibrations: a Chorus where the only requirement for participation is a love of music and of singing.